(The site was under new management back in 6/11/10. 2/6/20 Update: this ancient site now has a few busted links fixed
and other minor fixes are in the works, but it all will be revamped one of these years. Patience, friends.
Meanwhile, please do consider joining our Chalet owners' & enthusiasts forum, which as of Dec 2019, was moved to the Groups.io system. It's free!)
So what IS that thing? Why, it's a 1976 or 1977 Chevrolet Blazer Chalet (or GMC Jimmy Casa Grande), the factory pop-up camper versions of the Chevy Blazer and GMC Jimmy.
- FAQ's -- answers to questions, including "what IS that thing?" *7/29/13 update on the relative pricing of these, since some sellers are putting tall prices on 'em.
- A photo gallery of what these trucks look like, inside and out.
- Pictures and descriptions of some interesting Chalets (and Casa Grandes) that folks have sent in.
- Other kinds of campers similar to the Blazer Chalet.
- A list of options and color schemes, that the Blazer Chalet and Jimmy Casa Grande came factory equipped with.
- Some technical tips on maintenance and upgrades to keep your Chalet as good as new -- or better!
- Sales brochures, magazine articles and other period information, some straight from GM and some from other parties, about the Chalet and Casa Grande trucks.
- Trips -- an archive page of the trips taken by the former owner of this site in his Chalet.
- Production details (serial numbers, dates of manufacture, how many were made, etc.)
- Links to other websites and more information.
- Contact for the current owner and administrator for this site
- Does anybody know where I can find one for sale? - why yes, keep an eye on this reasonably frequently updated map and either contact me, or better yet, join the above-mentioned Chalet owners' & enthusiasts forum to see the corresponding contact info for map.
There are lots of pictures throughout these pages; almost invariably, they're thumbnailed for faster loading. That is, clicking on the small picture will bring up a higher resolution image.